- Large Monstrous Humanoid
- Hit Dice: 6d8+12 (39 hp)
- Initiative: +0
- Speed: 30 ft. in breastplate
(6 squares); base
40 ft. (8 squares)
- Armor Class: 18 (-1 size, +4 natural, +5 breastplate), touch 9, flat-footed 18
- Base Attack/Grapple: +6 / +14
- Attack: Longsword +9/+4 melee (2d6+4/19-20), or halberd +9 melee (2d8+6/x3), or claw +9 melee (1d6+4), or dart +5 ranged (1d6+4)
- Full Attack: Longsword +9/+4 melee (2d6+4/19-20), or halberd +9/+4 melee (2d8+6/x3), or 2 claws +9 melee (1d6+4), or dart +5 ranged (1d6+4)
- Space/Reach: 10 ft. /
- Special Attacks:
- Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft.
- Abilities: Str 18, Dex 11, Con 14, Int 13, Wis 13, Cha 10
- Skills: Bluff +4, Craft (blacksmithing) +5, Hide -4, Listen +9, Search +4, Sense Motive +5, Spot +9
- Feats: Alertness, Combat Expertise, Great Fortitude
- Environment: Any space, plains
- Organization: Solitary or herd (2-100)
- Challenge Rating: 4
- Treasure: Standard
- Alignment: Usually lawful good
- Advancement: By character class
- Level Adjustment: +3
The creature looks like a 7-foot tall lizard centaur, with large flat feet
and long tail. Its dragon-like head is rimmed with horns.
The dracons are a centaur-like race, with the lower body of a brontosaur,
a humanoid torso, and a dragon-like head. Their hands have six claw-tipped
digits (five fingers and a thumb). Dracons speak the language of dragons.
Dracons have stylized dueling codes they use among themselves when
conflict erupts, but do not offer them to non-dracons.
Dracons use swords in combat, but also carry halberds for formal duels
and as a ceremonial tool. In addition to their natural weapons, dracons
are adept in holds and
Dracons follow a strong herd instincta lone dracon is a rarity.
The leader of a dracon herd is called a kaba. Kaba are chosen
based on a complicated system of kinship relations. The kaba is assisted
by the high priest, or shalla. The shalla is often a cleric, and
there will be one for every 30 dracons in the herd.
Dracons as Characters
Almost all exceptional dracon are fighters. Dracon clerics
worship their own draconic pantheon which is led by the Ub-Kalla,
or Full Leader. A dracon cleric has access to two of the following
domains: Good, Healing, Knowledge, Protection, or Sun (favored weapon:
halberd). Most dracon spellcasters are clerics.
Dracon characters possess the following racial traits.
- +8 Strength, +4 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom.
- Large Size. -1 penalty to Armor Class, -4 penalty to Hide checks,
+4 bonus on grapple ckecks, lifting and carrying limits triple those
of Medium bipedal characters.
- Space/Reach: 10 feet/5 feet.
- A dracon's base land speed is 40 feet.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Racial Hit Dice: A dracon begins with six levels of monstrous
humanoid, which provide 6d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +6, and base
saving throw bonuses of Fort +2, Ref +5, and Will +5.
- Racial Skills: A dracon's monstrous humanoid levels give it skill
points equal to 9 x (2 + Int modifier, minimum 1). It's class skills
are Bluff, Craft (blacksmithing), Listen, Search, Sense Motive and
- Racial Feats: A dracon's monstrous humanoid levels give it three
- Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A dracon is proficient with the
rapier, halberd and all simple weapons. A dracon is
also proficient with all light and medium armors, as well as with shields.
- +4 natural armor bonus.
- Natural Weapons: 2 claws (1d6).
- Automatic Languages: Common, Draconic. Bonus Languages: Elven, Dwarven,
Orc, Goblin, Giant.
- Favored Class: Fighter.
- Level adjustment: +3.
In The Spheres
Dracon are newcomers to local wildspace. Their homeworld is a dry,
arid planet covered with plains of fast-frowing grasses and desert.
It also has large, shallow seas and at least one moon. Beyond this,
not much is known.
Dracon mythology talks of a spider-like Dark God, their enemy and
tempter. There is a strong resemblance between this Dark God and the
neogi, and the dracon hate these foul creatures in particular.